Dr. Robert Lepenies works on the politics of nudging & on themes in the philosophy of the social sciences (economics), international political economy, and public policy.
He currently teaches at the Hertie School of Governance Berlin in the MPP program, and at the ESCP Europe Business School Berlin. He is currently hosted by the KFG The Transformative Power of Europe and was visiting fellow at the Centre for Advanced Studies Justitia Amplificata at the FU Berlin until 06/2017.
Robert received the A.SK Social Sciences Post-Doctoral Award in 2016 at the WZB Berlin (Center for Global Constitutionalism). He also received the inaugural WIWA Young Scholars Award for Pluralism in Economics (Dec 2015), as well as the Mulert German Fulbright Association Award for Mutual Understanding (Jan 2016).
He is an elected member of the Global Young Academy until 2020 and was the project manager of Global Colleagues (now concluded). He has three young kids.
For selected publications, please visit Academia.edu.
For recent interviews, op-eds, and other news
- Justitia Amplificata Visiting Fellow, FU Berlin 2017
- A.SK Award Post-Doctoral Fellow, WZB 2016-2017
- DAAD & German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) reintegration Fellow at the Institute of Philosophy at Freie Universität Berlin 2016
- Max Weber Postdoctoral Fellow at the European University Institute, Florence, from 2013-2015.
- Fulbright-Schuman & Global Justice Fellow, Yale University 2012-2013.
- PhD Student, Hertie School of Governance & Berlin Graduate School for Transnational Studies 2009-2013.
- MSc in International Political Economy, London School of Economics - 2007-8.
- BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of Oxford (The Queen's College) - 2004-2007.
Dr. Robert Lepenies
Mail: Centre for Advanced Studies Justitia Amplificata
Thielallee 43, 14195 Berlin
Office: KFG The Transformative Power of Europe
fon: +49 (0)30 838-57088